Sunday, November 4, 2012

Nikon D800 Video

Shoot video, or not shoot video..........that is the question!

I'll be the first to say I'm one of the last to jump on board in the current video craze that has become common practice with DSLR cameras. The ease and availability of creating high resolution videos with the same camera you use to shoot editorial assignments offers compelling reasons to give it shot.

The magic happened for me when I better understood the blending of sound and visuals. The addition of audio, tight editing, and powerful video stimulates more of the senses and can add a tremendous value to the story-telling component.

Here's the trailer to the first video I shot for the North House Folk School, located in Grand Marais, Minnesota. The full length version will come out at the end of the year. I had a balst shooting the clips and quickly realized its a different machine than shooting stills. However, I see the value in both and plan on numerous additional experiments in video to better gauge my future in this medium.

I'll pen more after the full version comes out and revisit some of the joys and issues I see in this medium.

You can see the trailer here;

http://vimeo.com/52776335


1 comment: