Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Photographing The Eclipse

With images containing so much blank space,
adding a comment can add balance.

Events like the full lunar eclipse on April 15th, 2014 really draw out a large number of people, all for their own reasons. I had no real reason to step into my backyard in the middle of the night to shoot it. I'm not an astro-photography buff and see no financial gain to spend time doing it. There's a lot of gifted experts supplying that visual stream to the world and I cannot compete with that and
don't want to.

But, taking in a eclipse is an opportunity for several things. One, the photo-op. But, I like the idea of simply taking in the experience. Geez, I had neighbors calling me, "Are you gonna be out, should I bring down some beer?" to folks who set an alarm for 3:00 a.m. so they could get up and take a peek at the total eclipse of the Blood Moon, as it is referred to. Fantastic Everyone! Ya gotta love that enthusiasm for experiencing the living universe.

 Another advantage of being out there is once you've captured the images, there are new photos to use in any experimental photographs you wish to create. These can be used for shows and photo-illustrations. In the below image, I combined three photos to create something other worldly and fun.

Combining images from your files offers visual options









































Well, if you missed this one due to weather or warm covers, there are four more this year!
The next one is in October, 2014. 

So, set your alarms, check the weather, grab your tripod and take it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment